Salon Assistant Manager
Strip has just celebrated 12 years of excellence in the Beauty industry, delivering unparalleled hair removal treatments in their opulent and luxurious salons, ensuring attention to detail with the highest level of customer service in everything they do. Now with 7 high profile salons, Strip is looking forward to further growth and are recruiting for exceptional, highly professional Salon Managers who are passionate about the beauty industry, delivering outstanding customer service and has a genuine interest in people and how to lead and motivate them.
- Experience in managing a team – already in a Junior Manager role, looking for progression and start on Management training programme
- A keen interest in the beauty & fashion industry with a least 2 years’ experience working in one of these sectors
- Driven and sales orientated with a proven track record in meeting sales targets
- Passionate about delivering a 5 star customer service experience, have a professional telephone manner and communication skills
- Inspiring to those you work with
- Well presented, reliable and have a bubbly, outgoing personality
- Ability to perform well under pressure and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A true professional who leads by example
- Confident and self-motivated
- Ability to follow direction and problem solve
- Willingness to assist the Salon Manager and step in in their absence
- Intermediate IT skills, proficient in MS Office and appointment booking system experience
- Complete fluency in the English language
- Happy to travel to one of our central London locations
- Fully flexible to work weekdays, weekends, mornings & evenings.
- Fully accountable for your Salon’s business
- A true ambassador for the brand
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Manager to motivate and develop staff
- Ensuring all employees are working to the company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensuring that the FOH team and therapists meet all assigned targets and deadlines.
- Achieve a team monthly staff utilisation rate of 95% by effective daily diary management.
- Ensuring staffing levels are appropriate and communicating to the Manager when staff are needed or can be transferred
- Arranging training
- Assisting with implementing improvements for performance/profitability.
- Ensure lateness/sickness is reported to HR and that back to work forms are completed
- Discuss all performance issues with the manager
Ensuring sales targets are met
- Communicate staff targets and incentives on a daily / weekly / monthly basis and monitor progress using daily commission’s spread sheet
- Brainstorming, implementing and participating in promotions
- Actively retailing and demonstrating retail products to clients
- Promoting and offering bra fittings to all clients
- Pro-actively manage the treatment diary to maximise business including making bookings and taking payments
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness standards and general housekeeping
- Report all facilities issues to the Operations Manager
- Maintain shop merchandise layout ensuring the visual appearance is to company standard.
- Ensure a 5 star service is maintained and that no more than 3 complaints are reported monthly
- Ensure client database is up to date with client details and notes
- Use guest feedback to develop and improve standards
- Ensure the highest level of security is applied by all staff every day.
- Follow daily opening and closing procedures as per SOP’s and ensure the correct takings processed at the end of each day
- Log and monitor Petty Cash and forward to Head Office on a monthly basis
- Complete the daily, weekly, or monthly task checklists
- Complete daily/ weekly/ monthly reporting in the absence if the Manager
- Manage post, email and telephone calls
- Manage professional inventory & usage, completing a weekly stock count in the absence if the Manager
- Track missed lingerie retail opportunities by use of missed sales tracker
- Complete weekly stationery & marketing material counts & submit to Marketing Executive
- Ensure that stock is controlled as per the budget
- Stock replenishment
- Ensure therapists are working economically by completing room checks
Health and Safety
- Ensuring the risk assessment process is followed
- The development of appropriate safe systems of work and ongoing staff training.
- Ensuring all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified.
- Be fully conversant with all salon fire, emergency, BOMB procedures and health and safety policies.
- Ensure that all staff works in a manner, unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to themselves or others.
- Ensure that staff are working with the highest levels of hygiene and sterilization.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the Salon manager, Ops Manager, Area Manager or any of the Directors.
- To make yourself available to work at any Strip salons at a moment’s notice should the need arise.
- Cover staff sickness as required.
Perks of working at Strip, the beauty industry’s employer of choice:
- Perkbox membership
- Paid Lunches – equates to over £2k per year
- Paid travel/time to and from salons
- 28 days holiday per year inc bank holidays
- Free treatment each month
- 60% off all treatments
- Discounted products 30% Off
- 1 product a month at cost +VAT
- Team member of the month £25 GC
- Service awards
- After 2 years’ service Dinner of 2
- After 4 years’ service Luxury Spa Day
- After 6 years’ service Luxury weekend break for 2
- Refer a friend to work here £100 (6 months and 6 months)
- Friends and family discount
- Employee of the month per salon
- KPI bonus
- Talent management/Training & Development
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
Visit our website www.stripwaxbar.com
Follow us on Facebook – Strip London – Strip Wax Bar & Twitter – @StripLondon