There’s nothing more annoying than leaving your wax appointment with silky smooth, beautiful skin only to be blighted by ingrown hairs a couple of days later. Ingrown hairs can appear after waxing or shaving as the new hair gets trapped underneath the surface of the skin. Those who wax regularly may notice that their hair gets thinner or finer and this can make it harder for the hair to emerge from the skin, leading to ingrown hairs. They can be itchy or painful but aren’t harmful unless they become infected and there is plenty that you can do to treat or avoid them.
You’re not alone in your fight against these unsightly blemishes, so our expert therapists at Strip have got a whole regime that they follow to help you avoid ingrown hairs.
- Be sure to exfoliate the area 2 -3 times a week. This will remove the dead skin cells and help the new hair to push through the skin as it grows. Try using our Perfect Polishing Cloth (ideal for those hard to reach areas) teamed with a Lycon Sugar Scrub of your choice and buff in circular motions to help dislodge any unwanted ingrown hairs.
- Tempting as it is, DO NOT PICK or SQUEEZE ingrown hairs as this can damage the surrounding area and also leave it open to infection.
- We have a whole range of specialist products to help remove ingrown hairs and leave the skin soft and smooth. Lycon Ingrown X-It Solution is our number 1 best-selling skincare product. It contains a blend of Salicylic and Lactic acids to decongest the skin, Arnica to help minimise redness and swelling and Allantoin to moisturise and soften the skin. Use Lycon Ingrown X-It Solution once or twice a day as long as necessary.
- For bad cases of ingrown hairs, you can’t beat Tendskin Ingrown Hair Solution. Ideal for men or women, it can be used weekly as a preventative measure or as on the spot treatment. This super effective treatment can be slightly drying for sensitive skins so be sure to moisturise daily.
- An anti-bacterial wash or moisturiser can be beneficial in the first couple of days after waxing or shaving as it will keep the area clean and infection free. We love the Lycon Tea Tree Total Wash for it’s refreshing and uplifting scent.
- The queen of hair elimination is Laser. This is a long term solution which destroys the hair follicles, making it impossible for it to grow back. If you are interested in talking to one of our experts on the benefits of laser, please call our Chelsea branch on 0207 590 0050.
- If you are prone to ingrown hairs, try to avoid shaving between waxing appointments – shaving can affect the direction in which the hair grows, making it easier for the strands to get stuck under the skin when they grow back.
Trust us! We have been keeping the city hair free since 2005 and pride ourselves on being leaders in hair removal. Why not come and pay us a visit and let’s get rid of those ingrowns!