We know that home waxing could be tempting right now! Your favourite Strip boutique is closed, it’s getting a bit hairy down there and it could be something to keep you busy in this dreary lockdown… but we can’t say plainly enough, DON’T DO IT!
We’ve listed our reasons why you shouldn’t do your own wax, we hope it convinces you to stick it out.
- It will be painful! At Strip we have a very particular way of waxing (which all our therapist are trained to do) which ensures the most pain-free experience possible. If you’re not a trained therapist, then you will not be able to do the wax correctly which will lead to more OUCH moments.
- You won’t get the correct shape. Bush or mush? Your special area may look a bit disheveled after you attack it. Best to leave it to the professionals!
- You could injure yourself. Yes, seriously! You could burn or bruise yourself if done incorrectly. And with all that working from home, sat in a chair all day, you really don’t want that area to be sensitive!
- You’ll get inconsistent results. With no professional help to wax your chosen area properly, you could accidentally leave hairs in place, break the hairs and disrupt your hair cycle, which means a more challenging wax when you do come back in to see us.
- You will get more ingrown hairs. If you are not pulling the hairs our correctly you will get more ingrown hairs appearing, which we all know are uncomfortable and an absolute pain to get rid of.
Need an alternative option for your bush or underarm in the mean time?
Terri recommends purchasing a bikini trimmer so you can keep your special area nice and neat during these winter months (until we can see you again of course!)
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the latest news and tips from our team of experts!